8.21.2013

How to Clean the Sticky off Jars

I love finding new uses for jars. The hardest part is getting all the sticky off the jar that is left behind when taking the wrapper off. I am here to tell you that there is an easy way to get it off.

All you need is baking soda and some kind of cooking oil. For the second step I used dish soap and a simple dish sponge.

FIRST: I mixed equal parts baking soda and oil then rubbed the mixture all over the jar.
*note: If exploring the Internet has taught me anything, it is that baking soda can clean most anything. The oil helps spread it on the jar.

Let the jars set for about 10-20 minutes.

SECOND: I put a bit of soap on the jar and used the sponge with a bit of water to wash off the paste.
*note: The sponge helps rub the sticky off and the soap is to clean the oil from the jar.

Now I'll spray the lids some fun colors and use them to help organize my storage/craft space.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails