11.25.2015

Fabric Scrap Twine

Who needs something to do with some of their fabric scraps?


Try making some fabric twine with it!!

There is a project I wanted to do for the girls room.


: : : : : : : : : MATERIALS/SUPPLIES : : : : : : : : :
Scrap Fabric

: : : : : : : : : TOOLS : : : : : : : : :
Cutting Mat

: : : : : : : : : INSTRUCTIONS : : : : : : : : :
I am sure there doesn't really need to be instructions here but I'll list a simple step by step so I can share a tip or two.




Cut your fabric scraps into 1" {inch} strips.

TIP: If the fabric I was using was super thin I cut wider strips. If the fabric was thick I cut thinner strips.




Take two strips, line the ends up and connect by tying the ends in a knot. 

TIP: When twisting the twine together it is easier if you can anchor the end of the fabric straps. This way it will hold steady as you twist the fabric strips. I used a clip and my pant leg when first starting until it was long enough to start wrapping around the spool.



Take each strip and twist in the same direction {I twist right} then take the strips and twist them, one over the other, in the other direction {left}.

TIP: I found it easier if I 'twisted' shorter sections together instead of trying to do longer sections.



When one of the fabric scraps reaches the end, simply overlap with the next piece of fabric, twist to hold together then continue winding the twine.

TIP: It works best if the fabric scraps are different lengths so they do not end and need to have new pieces added at the same time.


I did two sets of twine for different projects I have in mind. This was a really easy project and the end product is great. This fabric scrap twine can be used in so many ways like packaging gifts and using for art/craft projects.


This is a great activity to do after a long day, the kids are finally in bed and you just need a little something to do while you sit and binge watch your favorite series on Netflix. Seriously, it will take some time so be prepared.



1 comment:

  1. I had no idea you could do this! Love the idea of using my fabric scraps in this way. Thanks for sharing with us at the Merry Monday Link Party! Hope to see you again on Sunday night!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails